Friday 13 May 2011

Martineau Guest House

Martineu Guest House on front street is a fantastic place to stay in Tynemouth. Situated on Tynemouth's prestigious Front Street it is central to every possible amenity and local point of interest. I was told about Sally who owns Martineau by John from Children of the Revolution featured earlier in the blog. I popped round to see Sally who made me feel instantly at home with a nice cup of tea in dining area of her guest house. After a quick chat I was left to photograph the rooms which are beautifully styled with warm, and luxurious fabrics and accessories. Sally has provided binoculars in some of the rooms so visitors can really enjoy the great views.


The rooms are named after parts of Tynemouth or local people and places like Priory View and my favourite Collingwood View.


I finished taking my photos and popped back down stairs to see Sally, I was greeted by the small of freshly baked bread which Sally makes for her guests. Food is a big part of the experience Sally provides her guests from picnic hampers (on request) to a fantastic breakfast selection including the infamous 'Big Geordie' cooked breakfast. Sally offered to make me and my girlfriend our breakfast the following morning so that we could experience her food first hand. I will be posting some images and details of this in a later post. After reading numerous reviews online for Martineau Guest House I can see that Sally has created a warm, relaxing and friendly experience for many visitors to the area

Visit the Martinea Guest House website: http://www.martineau-house.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment