Friday 3 June 2011

Country House Tearooms

I made arrangments to meet up with one of my longest suffering friends Maria yesterday and do a bit of a tour around Tynemouth to get some more blog photos and information. Somewhere I have wanted to feature for a while is County House Tearooms.


So on the finest of Tynemouth mornings we made our way there. I said hello and introduced us to everyone and was made to feel very welcome. I have been before with my girlfriend and we both love the place but I was interested to see what my friend Maria thought. She loved it, explaining that she could happily sit there all day. We both loved the antique decoration, the fabric, chandeliers and heavily guilt framed paintings and mirrors. I recently recommended Country House to my parents and they loved it comparing it to one of their favourite Whitby locations. There is a fantastic and varied selection of home cooked food on offer and a yummy  choice of scones and cakes to die for. The food like the surroundings is scrumptous, comforting and wonderfully presented. There is a great atmosphere inside and you will be made to feel very welcome as we were.

Photos by Anthony Dorman

Country House Tearooms is a great place to have a cozy romantic coffee and cake with a loved one as well as a perfect meeting venue for friends. Its the kind of place I would happily sit with a book and relax with lovely food and friendly service. Country House Tearooms has two floors with different decor as you can see from the photos above and is approximately 350 yards from Tynemouth seafront on Percy Park Road. They are open Tue-Fri 10-4PM and Sat-Sun 10-5PM


InTynemouth is now on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/INTynemouth

No comments:

Post a Comment